Monday 5 December 2016

Reflection

In the blink of an eye, technical communication is coming to an end.
Twenty hours of lesson seem to be insufficient but i had learn and gain knowledge on developing important writing and oral communications skills from the product summary, design report and team presentation. Through this various assignments, i learnt to use the correct grammar,writing skills, paraphrasing, a report format, presentation and many more. I realized i am able to write a better formal letter or email as well as a persuasive product design report and presentation which is very important for telematics engineering.

Another important thing is that throughout the lessons, i get to interact and mix around with my classmates and learn how to work better together as a group with different people for the two assignment. I can say confidently that i have got to know them better and are much closer now through this module. Also, i am thankful to our teacher, brad for the kind guidance throughout this module. The lesson will be so much less interesting without him.

Although there is also communication skills lesson back in polytechnic, it was quite different from this module. This module was more specified for telematics engineering which we had to know about the telematic product well so that we are able to come up with a summary, report and presentation for the product which i felt was quite challenging. For the trial presentation, i was not well prepared for it so i did not perform well which is a unpleasant experience for this module but this make me realised that i have to be better prepared for my formal presentation. Other than teacher feedback, the peer feedback was also quite helpful for me to know my strength and weakness better. Having multiple drafts was also very useful for written assignment as this allow us to have more time and improve step by step.

I think that my biggest weakness is that during presentation i seem to be memorising and just saying it out more than presenting and also my pace in speaking is too fast. I will continue to  improve on my weakness as well as my strength. Overall, the module was really fun, enriching and applicable in many areas.








1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this detailed and comprehensive reflection, Jie Lin. I'm happy to know that you found so many takeaways in the tasks you did in TLM1010 even when you found the work challenging. I'm impressed that your attitude stayed positive.

    I really appreciate all your hard work this term. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete